Friday, June 15, 2007

The results are in & they're not good

I went to see the new Worker's Comp. Dr. yesterday to get the results of the MRI I had on Tuesday. He confirmed what I knew all along, I won't be returning to work as a Firefighter/EMT. I have cartilage damage that is rapidly deteriorating. I have areas on the inside and outside parts of the knee that is considered a class3 almost a class4. A class4 is shiny bone on shiny bone and a knee replacement is in the near future. This explains all the pain I've been having.....

I stopped by work to let the power's that be know; and of course they weren't in. But Cindy (the Chief's secretary) notified the assistant Chief so she was able to start the process of medically retiring me. It could take anywhere from 1 month to a year to out process me. With my luck it will be closer to a year! LOL You know how my luck runs!

I can't express how I feel about having to leave a job that I dearly love. Being able to help people when they truly need it is so rewarding and such a great feeling. BUT, I have been very blessed (and I don't say that lightly) in that I have been able to have a job that I LOVE for the past 13 years. I don't know very many people who can truly say that, aside from those that I work with. I will miss the job however it is time to move on to something else....not sure what that is but when God closes one door he opens another.

On a brighter note my oldest son has asked his girlfriend to marry him!! She said yes of course! He leaves for basic training in less than a week. I think they will get married after he's done with all his training. I really like Melissa, they've been together all through high school. You can tell they really are in love, I just hope it works out for them.

I'll post again, when I know something.

No comments: