Thursday, June 5, 2008

Can My Luck Get Any Better?!?!?!

So, I was involved in an accident on Sunday. Monday we started the process to get the other driver's insurance to start the process to get my car repaired. We find out yesterday that she had canceled her insurance IN MARCH !!!!!!! I've left several messages for the State Trooper that worked the accident to call me. I want to find out if he can ticket her for no insurance or what we can do. In the mean time we've rented a vehicle to drive, gotta have one of those....I need to be seen by a doctor again as my severe headache hasn't gone away nor has the neck pain.

In the state of Arkansas it is not required to have uninsured motorist coverage. If you don't have it GET IT!!!! Never in my life did I think I'd get hit by an uninsured motorist but I am glad that we have the coverage.

Now we have to file this under our insurance, once we have received the written documentation from her alleged insurance that she canceled her insurance our insurance will file this under the uninsured motorist policy. So my car will get fixed, our rates won't go up but actually they will, as will yours because of slugs like the one that hit me.

I am so tempted to go to the address she gave on the form she filled out for the Trooper but just like her insurance, it's probably not a correct address. I'd love to make a sign and hang it from her roof for all of her neighbors to see that says, " I drive recklessly and I drive with NO insurance." But it's just a wish as I would be the one to get into trouble. Ah, such is life & my luck.

Now, where did I put those cookies? I need another dozen or so to eat! LOL

No comments: