Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nick

Yesterday was Nick's 20th birthday. This was the first year I was unable to see him or be able to give him a hug and say face to face, " happy birthday". I'm sure many are saying, "and it won't be the last". I miss Nick, but it's nice to hear from him when he calls.

He called on Monday so I could "wish him a happy early birthday"! LOL He called again today tell me how he'd spent his birthday. Apparently it was an interesting day for him. He did tell me that they guys said to tell me that his birthday cake was good. He stressed the guys as he only got a small piece of cake. I'd made him a cake, put it in the freezer then vacuum sealed it and sent it out immediately. I'd also put in a container of frosting so he could frost it. The only thing missing were candles, and I'd forgotten to pack those!

I'd also sent him a little 2 foot tall Christmas tree, along with lights and decorations and a Santa hat. I wanted Nick to have a Christmas tree by his bunk so he had a visual reminder that his family loves him.

Keep Nick in your thoughts and prayers, he's 6 months into his deployment and has another 9 to go.

No comments: