Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Keep Nick in Your Prayers Please


Please keep my son Nick and his platoon in your prayers. His MRAP was hit with a road side bomb that had been placed under the road. Thankfully there were no fatalies. Nick has a grade/level (not sure which) concussion and facial injuries. He has been released from the field hospital, though his Sgt said he will be watched for side effects of the concussion for several days.

I did talk with Nick, he said that he was a nervous wreck...who wouldn't be. I'm just thankful he and his buddies are okay and safe. His wife is coming over tonight to have dinner with us....

Just pray he comes home in one piece....safely

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Kenda! Thank goodness he and his buddy are safe. He was sent right back to his unit? That is surely a good sign, but still I'd be a wreck if I were either of you!

When does he get home again?

Lynne said...

Nick and all are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Lynne

Sandy said...

Kenda,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Nick. I remember how it was when my uncle was in Vietnam. That has to be compounded for a son.

Scraplin said...

I am glad he is safe and you got to talk to him. Hopefully he will be home before ya know it!
I was ROFL at your job security story! the baby daddy thing was hilarious!
We had a call on our scanner the other day and the officer was calling in the name of a citizen he had pulled over, and his name was....ELMER FUDD! No Joke! The other officers joked about that for at least an hour..asking if he had caught that Wascally Wabbit yet. too funny! Take care!!