Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What a $50 hair cut will get you!

The other night we spent hours listening to Joy pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant & pant..... Well, you get the idea. So, I decided that it was time to get her a summer hair cut. I'm not so sure it was a good idea!!! You see the fun thing about Joy was that everyone that saw her commented about how pretty she was. We've always joked about how she is all hair. Alan told me that I didn't have a hair on my ass if I didn't post pictures of our baby with her new hair cut. So here are the before and after......and for the record, no hairs on MY ass! LOL

BEFORE


AFTER



This isn't exactly like I pictured she'd turn out. I dropped her off at the groomers @ 8 am, I called the groomers @ 4:45pm to see if Joy was ready. The groomer told me that she was STILL working on her, had at LEAST another hour before she would be done with her and she could move on to one of the other 6 dogs she had left!

It seems that Joy had a number of undercoats. The groomer worked on her for an hour this morning, having trouble getting through some of the undercoat. So she sent Joy to have a shampoo and get "blown out" hoping that would help the cutting process. It didn't! So she was having to work in approx. 5" patches cutting one way, then combing another and clipping. I asked her if she dropped down to the next blade size if that would help. "oh yes! Right now it's like trying to run the clippers through an SOS pad!" Less than 1/2 hour later she called me to come and get her, she was done. I made Alan promise not to call her ugly dog, while she's in the room.

I was stunned when I saw her! It was hard not to laugh but I couldn't believe it, Joy really was all hair! And she looks silly with the tail being left long and the "lion head". But she is cooler and that was the goal!!!! Oh, and for the record I don't have hairs on my ass!!!!!!!!

No comments: