Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HANKS FINE FURNITURE

Warning!!!! Do NOT shop at any Hanks Fine Furniture stores!!! I purchased beds for Daniel and myself from there. The first clue should have been that the salesman didn't call me back as promised to tell me when the matteress would be in for the full size bed. After finally getting ahold of him I was told that, that particular matteress was a special order from the manufacturer for a full size. So I chose a different one. The store manager delivered the frame for my bed and both matteresses for me. I wrote a check out to him, not the store for the delivery.

It has been over a month now and the bedframe for Daniel hasn't arrived yet. It was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday. When I called the store to find out how far on the delivery list we were, at 5pm Korneluis, the assistant manager, informed me that it wasn't scheduled for delivery. Turns out he changed the delivery date, after recieving information from the ware house here in Little Rock, that the said piece isn't due in until later in the month.

I called the store manager the following day and he said that he'd sent an email to the manufacture to find out when it would be in & that he'd call me by the close of business the following day, a Friday by the way. I called him Monday morning approx. 30 minutes after the store opened to give him time to call me. When I told him that he should have at least called me to tell me that he'd not forgotten he began yelling at me. I hung up and then called the customer service line. I told the lady what happened and she said she'd send the information to his supervisor and I'd hear back as to when we'd get the bed. Well, it's Wednesday and I still haven't heard back.

The company has my money and they don't care when it comes in. I have since heard from several people that I know of simular problems. One had a bed delivered and one of the legs was split in two and they still don't have a replacement. Many of the complaints are of just plain slow delivery.

No comments: