Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can you say "ouch"?!?!?

I returned to work today for the first time in nearly a week... Last Tuesday I had to go to the periodontist to have some areas in my mouth looked at. It seems that I grind my teeth (yeah like that's a big surprise! We've known that for a long time) and I am slowly a little at a time fracturing my lower jaw....and as it heals it pushes the bone fragments out through the gum. Yeah, like that only hurts a little..... it really hurt when the bone fragments are still attached and actually come through the gum and start really irritating the tongue....

This was fixed by grinding down the exposed bone, sending me home with an antibiotic and pain killers...... Not real happy as I will have to go back several times to have more areas taken care of....

The only word I have to say is, OOOUUUCCCHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: